Sunday, March 30, 2014

Test Kitchen | Bruschetta Pasta with Balsamic Spinach


I had some stuff in the fridge I needed to use from a week of Italian groceries -- cooked pasta, basil, mozzarella, etc. I really wanted to just gobble down pasta and cheese, but more reasonable brain cells prevailed, and decided it'd be best to add some vegetables to the mix. I was also tired from work, and didn't feel like taking lots of time or making loads of dishes. So, I did this all in one pot. I impressed myself with the yumminess-to-laziness ratio on this one.

 


Ingredients (Serves one)
  • 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
  • 3 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta
  • 1 chopped plum tomato
  • 3 oz chopped mozzarella 
  • 3 basil leaves
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

Directions
1.  In a pan, lightly fry chopped garlic in olive oil.
2. Add spinach and cook down for a couple minutes.
3. Transfer spinach and garlic to serving bowl, and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
4. Add hot pasta to the top of spinach mix.
5. Add the chopped tomato to the same pan, quickly toss to take the chill off.
6. Add chopped mozzarella and warmed tomato on top of pasta.
7. Tear basil and top dish.






No comments:

Post a Comment