Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Restaurant Review | Taiwan Teahouse


Most everything in Indiana is in a stripmall. You can't ever judge a book by its cover in this state. And Taiwan Teahouse is one of those places. I have a funny hobby of eating Chinese food everywhere I go. It's like a regional taste metric. I don't believe regional Chinese food should all taste authentically Chinese, unlike this lady. French Chinese food - horrible. Guatemalan Chinese food - just as bad. Irish Chinese food - delicious. Chinese Chinese food - pretty good. I'm not going to get into the politics of Taiwan as a domicile of China, but Taiwan Teahouse is tasty either way. The mapo tofu was very good - maybe even the best I've ever had. We had a spicy dumpling appetizer that wasn't very spicy and a little too salty for my taste. The Old Man enjoyed his General Tso's chicken. All in all, two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment