Thursday, October 25, 2012

Recipe | Riso Parmesan with Mushrooms


The original recipe called for shaved truffles. I decided I don't want to break the bank over dinner, so I make mushroom chips instead. I looks a little like white rice in the picture, but I use riso pasta and it's a very flavorful recipe.


I do the mushroom chips before I start the pasta. It's super easy. I just slice the mushrooms, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, then bake at 500F on one side for 15 minutes, mix them up and bake for another 15 minutes. If you want to speed up the process you can broil them for less time instead.


Ingredients
  • 5 oz butter
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 14 oz riso
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
  • Mushroom chips, to garnish

Directions
  1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
  2. Add the minced garlic and heat until almost brown.
  3. Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.
  4. Add the drained pasta to the saucepan with the butter and garlic.
  5. Sprinkle in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
  6. Lightly toss.
  7. Garnish with mushroom chips and extra Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment