Sunday, March 25, 2012

Food Trend & Review | Coconut Water


Coconut water hype?  Coconut water is known to be super nutrient rich and a good source of hydration. Coconut water is the liquid found inside a young coconut before it matures. As the coconut matures, the water turns into the solid white flesh found inside.

I find that most processed coconut water has a metallic taste. I actually love fresh young coconuts. The water is so delicious and taste 100x better than what can be found in a can. I've seen places like Whole Foods, farmer's market and juice bars sell young coconuts for about $3.50 a piece. I stock up on coconuts when I go to Asian supermarkets where they sell them for a lot cheaper, $1.50- $2 or even around $10 for a pack of nine.

Opening a coconut can be tricky, but it is well worth it. I usually drink the water and use the coconut flesh for smoothies. Here are some pics on how I open up this yummy treat:


No comments:

Post a Comment