Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Recipe | Joce's Green Juice


I try to add more greens into my diet. Juicing in one of my favorite ways of doing so. I made a large serving of this super green juice. The taste is mildly sweet and fresh. I try to juice 2-3x a week (the worst part of juicing is the machine clean up).

The green juice I like to make always has ginger, lemon or lime, celery, apple or pear as a base. Then I add a combo or hand fulls or baby spinach, kale, parsley or cilantro. I like to see how big my pile of veggies turns into a delicious cup of healthy juice. I'm pretty sure I rather drink all this than eat it. The apple and pear give the juice a fruity taste, apples especially super ripe pears tend to be pulpy when you juice them which results in a frothy topping.

Today's juice features these ingredients - good for two servings.

Ingredients
  • 4 celery ribs
  • 3 Persian cucumbers
  • 2 Fuji apples
  • 1 super ripe green Anjou pear
  • 1/4 lemon (skin, seeds and pith removed)
  • Spinach
  • Kale (tough ribs removed)

Directions
  1. Rinse, chop ingredients and juice away!


No comments:

Post a Comment