Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Home Economics | Cookbooks


I love cookbooks! I used to spend hours at Border's flipping through cookbooks. (In hindsight, I should have probably bought more of them. Poor Borders.) I am a big proponent of meal planning to save money and waste less food, and I feel good cookbooks help in the process. On occasion, you get tired of eating the same ol' thing. On occasion, you have lots of random ingredients and no idea what to do with them. For me, that's where a good cookbook comes in. (I do, of course, use food blogs and online recipe sites as well.) Nothing beats a good cookbook when you need to know something more substantial than how to just microwave bacon

The Silver Spoon is an Italian classic full of old Nonna recipes, that is my go-to for Italian cooking. I also love the Picayune's Creole Cook Book, when I'm too embarrassed to call my mother and ask. I do very much enjoy old American cookbooks, but it's difficult to find some of the old-timey ingredients, like forcemeats and mushroom liquor.

No comments:

Post a Comment