Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Marketplace | South of France


There are outdoor markets everywhere in France. In the center of Bordeaux, there is a big market. There are all kinds of things, including antiques. It was very fun to walk around and see the sights... when it wasn't raining. 

On a random note, I was pretty excited to see a Zara Home store for some reason, which was especially odd because I don't shop at Zara. It was just as exciting inside. It was like the Anthropologie home section in one store, but less expensive (even factoring in the exchange rate). I bought a stainless steel ladle, because I've never seen one reasonably priced at home.


The grocery store even has fun vegetables. The regular grocery store in France makes Wholefoods look like Aldi. There are so many different, heirloom-looking varieties I was tempted to cook a meal. In the end, I just took pictures.


A fancy seafood arrangement at a market in Cannes.


I'd have to say the market in Perpignan was the most interesting and tasty during our visit. And that's primarily because of Iberian chorizo. I was tempted to smuggle some back to the States, but I didn't want to be involved in an episode of I Love Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment