Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Restaurant Review | Le Table Marocaine


Location | 14B, Chemin de Tivoli 13800 Istres, France

If for some reason you find yourself in Istres, check out Le Table Marocaine. My brother (who plays basketball in Fos-sur-Mer) can't figure out if he likes couscous, so he brought us here so he could try it again. 

One thing  he can decide on is the mint tea. He goes crazy for the mint tea at Le Table Marocaine. I think I kind of ruined the mystique for him when I showed him it was just mint leaves and sugar. It was tasty though.


He is also obsessed with the chicken appetizer below. It was tasty, but very filling. It was like empanada chicken filling in a thin, crispy shell and sprinkled with powdered sugar. The Old Man doesn't really do sweet, so he had a very tasty lentil soup.

 

And on to the couscous... My brother was tearing it up. He ate a few bowls, but towards the end he was extremely disturbed. He found out some of the vegetables he was shoveling in weren't potatoes. What a dork. He says he's permanently off couscous because of the veggies, but I bet he's eating it again as I type.


The desserts were very fancy. The first was fresh fruit in cinnamon and rosewater. The second was some kind of Moroccan specialty. We were too full to really do any damage to the desserts. Overall, it was a fun experience at Le Table Marocaine. If we ever get a chance to go back, I'll like to try some of the other dishes on the menu.



No comments:

Post a Comment