Monday, May 14, 2012

Restaurant Review | Le Cosi


Location | 12 Rue Suquet  06400 Cannes, France

It was our first time in Cannes, so we did what any good American would do - eat! There's a little winding street (Rue Suquet) with tons of little restaurants. The hotel didn't give us any specific recommendation, so we just walked a bit and picked one. We chose Le Cosi.


We started off with a very rich carrot soup. It was yummy. (And I usually steer clear of anything carrot-related. Perhaps, that's why I'm blind.) We had a grilled shrimp appetizer, but I didn't snap a picture. It was yummy as well.


I had the duck. And it was probably the best duck I've ever had. It was topped with pecans in a balsamic reduction. Wow! I would have never thought about duck with mashed potatoes, but it was perfect. (And more carrots!)


The Old Man had a filet. He said it wasn't the best he's ever had, but definitely top three. (I think he's not used to any steak being in sauce.) Overall, he really enjoyed it.


Just look at the dessert... Of course, it was delicious too! I was ready to pop towards the end, so I couldn't finish it all. If you're ever in Cannes, Le Cosi is well worth a try. The food was great, as was the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment