Thursday, May 3, 2012

Restaurant Review | e.leaven


Location | 54 East Ontario Street  Chicago, IL

When I'm in Chicago I always try to have breakfast at West Egg. I was at West Egg with friends at 7am and only had juice because I thought I'd go back and have breakfast when the Old Man woke up. By the time we got there at 10am, it was packed as usual. We were in a rush, so we google mapped it over to e.leaven instead.

The Old Man was not happy with his bagel and lox. He said the salmon wasn't great and that he didn't get much. He hated the bagel. He said it was too big and too dense. He put the little bit on salmon and toppings on to one half of the bagel and just ate that.


I usually have eggs benedict at a new restaurant so I can compare to other restaurants. It wasn't on the menu and I had the huevos rancheros. I was pleasantly surprised with the look. I enjoyed the tomatillo salsa and the flour tortilla as changes to the typical huevos rancheros. However, I think the feta they used was a lousy substitute for queso fresco. (A lot of Midwestern restaurants do this though.) Also, for $8.95, it was a little pricey for what you got. 

Overall, e.leaven was okay. Maybe we should try some other things on the menu before we come to a final judgement. It's a decent option when West Egg's line is spilling out the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment