Thursday, May 17, 2012

Trippin | French Junk Food


Surprisingly, the French love McDonald's. We drove through the South of France last month and made a pit stop to have McDonald's per recommendation. Luckily, there are kiosks to order from and you can choose many languages to avoid struggling with French at the counter. I got a Big Mac and it tasted like a Big Mac from home. I really enjoyed the French side salad. The Old Man ordered some kind cheeseburger and it had horseradish sauce on it. It was surprising, but I think he enjoyed it. Because we were on the road so much, we ate lots of French junk food.

In Bordeaux, McDonald's even had a walk-thru window.


These braised chicken chips were delicious! ...like you wouldn't believe. They taste like real crispy chicken skin. I can see why they don't sell them here - Americans would stop eating real chicken. The Old Man said the chips are probably the one thing in the world that aren't as bad for you as what they're imitating. There were all kind of wacky flavors. We passed on Marine flavored chips, with a picture of an oyster on the bag.


When I'm in France I drink gallons of blood orange juice. I never see it in the States, so I physically fill myself up when I'm there. I tried the Orangina blood orange soda this trip and wasn't impressed. The rest of the trip, I stuck with the juice.
 

We saw these cheeseburgers in the grocery store there. I don't really go in the freezer section at home, but I assume we have something like this too. I was just surprised to see it in France. I can see the frozen patty, but bread, cheese, and sauce can't come out well in a microwave.


One of many things Europe does better than us is ice cream bars. Like the chicken chips, I don't understand why these things don't get sold in the States. The Twix ice cream bar isn't as good as the KitKat ice cream bar, but it's tasty. 

1 comment:

  1. i love twix...i love ice cream....i think i need to get to france stat.

    ReplyDelete