Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Product Review | Reusable Produce Bags


I have severe anxiety about being green. I try. I really try. Plastic is one thing that scares me. There's no research on it. No one really how long it will last in the environment. I bring my own shopping bags to the grocery store, but I was still stuck with the plastic produce bags because the cashier didn't seem to appreciate handling wet lettuce and loose lemons. And usually you can't really reuse the plastic produce bags like you can reuse a plastic shopping bag. I first saw these little nylon produce bags at Crate & Barrel. I got a pack, which came with five bags for about $11. I really like them, but thought they were a little expensive. Then I saw some others at Target for almost half the price. I keep both brands in the fridge just like I would the plastic version and they're washing machine safe, which comes in handy if you let something linger past its expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment