Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Restaurant Replica | Zuppa Tocano


Dish | Zuppa Tocano
Restaurant | The Olive Garden

Just went to The Olive Garden for the first time in many many years, and had the most delicious soup. Zuppa Tocano... potatoes, bacon, spicy sausage, kale and a touch of cream. 

For my version, I used some spinach and left out the bacon. I thought about using milk instead of cream, but nah...


 This also is fairly cheap to make, most of the ingredients are everyday ingredients we have in the fridge or pantry. I was able to buy a pound of sausage for less than $3 and some cream for $2, the rest I already had on hand. I was able to make a whole pot for under $10. All you can eat soup in the comfort of your PJs!

I don't have exact measurements for this, but there are a bunch of recipes you can find online. I just whipped this up without measuring and it came out preeeeetttty tastey. 






Ingredients
  • spicy sausage
  • onions
  • garlic
  • heavy cream
  • spinach
  • chicken broth
  • potatoes
Directions
  1. Rinse spinach, cut stems off set aside
  2. Rinse and scrub potato and cut in half, then into thin slices, set aside
  3. chop onion and garlic
  4. Heat pot and drizzle with oil, cook the sausage until no longer pink, set aside
  5. Place onions and garlic in the pot and cook until soft
  6. Pour in chicken broth and bring to boil
  7. Add potatoes and cook until fork tender (about 10-15 min)
  8. Put sausage into the soup
  9. Add a few splashes of cream to suit your taste
  10. Add spinach and bring back to simmer

No comments:

Post a Comment