Monday, April 23, 2012

Recipe | Chipotle Marinade


This marinade is smokey, sweet and spicy. I found this recipe on So Delushious. This is the perfect marinade to keep in your freezer, its great meat, seafood and veggies! Its a simple marinade, in which you may already have most of the ingredients at home: brown sugar, vodka, ketchup, olive oil, garlic, cilantro and canned chipotle peppers.


I gathered up all the ingredients, and blended them together, tasting as I blended. They peppers are very spicy, and I found myself using the vodka and ketchup to even the flavor out. I added a whole head of garlic into my mix, this also makes the marinade spicy when tasting, but it definitely mellows out once cooked.

I was going to add a bunch of cilantro into the marinade as well, but I decided to leave it out and just add it in when I was to use it. I make this in hopes to freeze and have on hand.

I used a 2 tablespoons on shrimp and sauteed for a few minuted till done, and ate them with some butter lettuce leaves, very tasty! I think this will be great on everything, the extra sauce is great for dipping or maybe even over rice.



 Ingredients
  •  2 chipotle chiles in adobo
  •  3 tablespoons tequila or vodka
  •  2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  •  1 tablespoon ketchup
  •  1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can
  •  1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
  •  1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

 Directions

1. Puree all the ingredients together, tasting as you go!




1 comment: