Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Restaurant Review | The Tripel



Location | 333 Culver Boulevard  Playa Del Rey, CA

My brother is a total food snob and picked this place for his birthday dinner. Honestly, I liked the atmosphere and if I stilled lived at home, we'd have to try to avoid seeing each other here. The place is very dark and there is group seating around big tables, which makes for fun socializing with strangers.

I really enjoyed the pear cider. I forgot the brand, but I think it was Fox Barrel. They had an interesting pear cider cocktail I wanted to try, but didn't get a chance. The garlic shoestring fries were yummy, but any restaurant that can't manage fries should probably not be in business (with the exception of In-N-Out).


I had the marinated skirt steak for dinner (pictured below). It was mediocre. It was overly marinated in a teriyaki sauce something. I guess I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would because I was surprised by the sweetness. If you stare really hard at the dark picture, you can see that the steak came with onion rings and an arugula salad. My mom's only complaint was that her calamari po' boy should have been on french bread. My sister enjoyed her pretzel burger - she was amazed the bun is almost a real pretzel.


For atmosphere alone, I highly recommend this place. You might even see my grumpy brother in the corner with his grumpy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment