Friday, April 6, 2012

Recipe | Chimichurri & Sirloin Steak


Yum, yum, yum. Chimichurri and steak! I've never been to South America, so I've only ever had Central American chimichurri. I think it's a little more tangy than the traditional recipes I found online, so I spruced up a recipe to increase the spice and the tang. You can really make it to your own tastes though. Either way, it's a great little dressing to jazz up grilled meat, veggies, and even tofu.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup Italian parsley, firmly packed
  • 3 large cloves garlic
  • 2 tbsp oregano leaves
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions
  1. Finely chop (or pulse) parsley, oregano and garlic.
  2. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt and red pepper.
  3. Let sit an hour or so before serving, to allow flavors to mix.


I have a very simple steak preparation routine - salt and pepper. (Or just soy sauce, if I'm takin' it to the Orient.) I really try to be serious about steaks, but I haven't got it down completely. I have a cast iron skillet I always use to keep it consistent while I experiment with steak perfection. I recently found this article on the Quest for the Prefect Steak and for medium rare, they say make a fist and the steak should feel like muscle below your thumb. Great tip!


Ingredients
  • 1" thick sirloin steak
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 2 tsp olive oil

Directions 
  1. Salt and pepper both sides, to taste.
  2. Rub in one tsp of olive oil on each side.
  3. Fry for about 12 minutes on medium heat (4 mins, flip, 4 mins, flip, 4 mins).


No comments:

Post a Comment